Monday, October 27, 2014

Friday, Oct 24, 2014, about 9am I moved my boat across the channel to the mooring balls for the rest of this day and for the following night.  I wanted to spend some time in St. Augustine, Fl, the oldest city in America, circa 1565 or something like that.  The dingy dock cost $10.00 for me to row a couple of miles each way or for $20.00 they would pick me up at my boat and deliver me back several times during the day, I chose for the water taxi.  I really wanted/needed a shower and enjoyed it more than almost any shower I have had in a long time.

I walked the old town and enjoyed the historical buildings and took some awesome pictures.  Spent some time at the fort and have some great pictures of that also.

Tonight I will spend a relaxing evening on the mooring ball and tomorrow move on down the river to Daytona Beach where the famous Dayton 500 race takes place.  If there are races going on, you can hear them from the waterway.



No comments:

Post a Comment