Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Tuesday, October 21, 2014, regarding Wednesday and Thursday, October 15 & 16 2014

After a long day heading down the ICW, I was getting ready to pull my boat into an anchorage for the night and my engine died.  I had no idea what was happening but it was still early and I spent the next 4 or 5 hours working on everything I would imagine could be wrong and finally went to bed about 11pm in frustration.  Wondering how I was going to get to Jacksonville by tomorrow noon to meet Jared and Linkoln and talked with my daughter Tami on the phone and she asked if I had something like AAA automotive towing for boats.  I had forgotten that I had bough the insurance before I left for the trip and went to bed feeling much better. 

In the morning of the 16th, I called Tow Boat USA and they came and got me and my boat and towed me about 30 miles into Jacksonville.  We arrived there about 1:30pm and met Jared and Linkoln.
I asked the tow captain how much this tow would cost if I had not had the insurance, he said approximately $1,300.00.  Wow, thank goodness for tow insurance both on land and water!

I was disappointed that the boat was not running since that is the reason Jared had come was to spend time with Linkoln and me on the boat....that is what we did however it was tied up at a dock and we were working on it.  We got a car and traced the problem to the alternator not working and not charging the batteries so they were dead enough the engine would not run at all.

Now I look back in amazement and thankfulness to my Father in Heaven that he preserved me through all the past days experiences in the intense storm, had the engine stopped during that ordeal, I would have had very little hope of not going aground or even out further in the deep waters I didn't need to be in. 

More about that later.

No comments:

Post a Comment